J7TV powered by StreetSide Media

27 January 2006

Someone needs to ban January forever...

Seems like January is the worst month for me... Ever since I could remember, January is the time of the year when I am most unhappy. I get more bad news in this month, than in any other. Last January, my girlfriend and I broke up... I didnt wanna break up with her, but she simply stopped wanting to be involved with me. My job last year f***ed my paychecks up, and I was late on just about everything except my rent. Plus its cold... I hate being cold.

This year seemed like it would be a little better. Its not as cold, and sometimes I have been able to roll my window down! My current job is very good at paying me, and I've even managed to save a lot of money. But of course January couldn't leave me alone... Had to give me a parting shot...

Thank you for your recent application to the 2006 Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Program. The JET Program Review Committee has now processed and evaluated all applications. Unfortunately, we cannot offer you an interview for this year’s program. Please be aware that the decisions made by the JET Program Review Committee are final, and there is no appeals process.

I've applied in 2004 and was turned down already. I was really hoping they'd say yes, as I've always wanted the opportunity to live in Japan for at least a year... But it seems that I can't get the chance to do it. So should I give up? Why does it seem like I cant get the simple stuff in my life to act right? I have the hardest time doing the simplest things lately. I have come back to Atlanta, gotten back in my career field, making more money than I ever have, and am really not in a bind financially... But when I look at my personal life-- it's non-existant. I have no cheering section here outside of family. I have a few good friends... But it seems lately like somethings missing. Like there is something I need to be doing... And what Im doing now ain't it. I've had hard times getting to bed lately too... I cannot understand it. All I know is I really wanted to go to Japan. Again. Now I've got to really consider giving up this damn dream of mine... Im damn near 30, and I've got to start thinking seriously about what happens next...

I f$%&^@ hate January...


Share |