J7TV powered by StreetSide Media

07 October 2007

Neverending Quest: Unmasked

It's funny-- on this ride called Life, there are a few times when the train slows and stops at a station and lets new folks on and old ones get off. Yesterday was one of those times for me. I met someone and we talked for hours. I was actually nervous when I saw her the first time, but my mind kicked in and told me to just be. And I was my usual sarcastic, tounge-in-cheek self... Which leads to the topic of todays lil' soliloquy...

Why is it that people feel the need to put on some sort of mask whenever they start dating? I mean I understand the want to impress, however its a game thats doomed from the start. Sooner or later you'll grow tired of game, and let your true colors show. Hell in my experience I actually had a girl tell me she liked the real me better than the me that was trying to be something else I thought she wanted. (I never said I didn't play the game either, I just don't do it anymore.)

First of all, I'm too lazy to try and keep track of what personality I'm supposed to have around someone. I have a hard enough time trying to reel in my REAL self when I meet someone. Secondly, I'm an overgrown dork. I know it and accept it. I know there's someone out there that can appreciate that side of me, and I'd rather find her than try to supress it. Lastly, after being in this existence for 30 years, I am comfortable with how I've turned out to the point where I am damn proud of myself. So why should I go try to be someone else just to try to get some chick to dig me? That would be insulting myself or being ashamed of myself... Nope--I say if you can't like the reckless-driving, potty-mouth-using, beer-drinking, anime-watching, video-game-playing, computer-programming, video-shooting, nippon-repping, all-around-nice-but-don't-get-it-twisted-or-I'll-bust-a-cap-in-your-ass guy I am, then you're not my type...

Thanks for playing the game...

P.S.-- The girl that inspired this random tantrum is really smart, cool, and totally hot!
Share |