J7TV powered by StreetSide Media

18 May 2009

One alternative to being Homeless in Japan...

Let's just hope I never have to use this particular "lifeline/get out of jail free card" here. I recently heard from a friend of mine about this particular lifestyle-- And let it be known that I too have spent a few nights at the many 24 Internet Cafes here in Japan. I mean they're quiet, convenient, there's a supply of drinks and cup-o-noodles included in the service, and for about ¥900 ($9.20) you can crash there for the night in your little cubicle. But while my little "sleepovers" were due to either poor planning (That's what I get for going to Kobe without first calling to see if my friends are free to hang out!) or because I missed the last train (virtually all public transit countrywide halts from 12am until 5:30am!), I cannot fathom having to spend $500/month to live in an internet cube. But if that's all there is between shelter and sleeping outdoors, well...
Share |